There are certain dangerous items we cannot accept:
- Sealed containers or tanks of any kind (propane, freon, fire extinguishers ……) must be cut in half.
- Any type of container that contained flammable liquids( gas tanks, aerosol cans, paint thinner buckets)
- No alkaline, ni-cad, lithium, Absolyte, or nickel-metal hydride batteries
- Sodium switches
- Any scrap with unknown chemical substance or residue
- Paint cans: full or empty
- Asbestos or any scrap that is suspected of containing asbestos
- Oil, hydraulic fluid, or unknown liquids
- Oil Filters
- CRT tubes
- Fluorescent light fixtures containing bulbs
- No ordinance or ordinance related materials
- Mercury switches
- Any radioactive material
We also do not accept these items due to processing issues
- Fence wire
- Steel cable (unless it is cut into 3 foot lengths)
- Concrete, Dirt, Rocks ….
- Trash, paper, wood rags, foam, cardboard, etc.
And we cannot accept any items that are regulated by local laws (including, but not limited to) street signs, beer kegs, and railroad scrap unless a verifiable proof of ownership is provided.